Tuesday 17 July 2007

Unknown Pleasures Pt3



Originally uploaded by Tourista de Mancunia

Next up were The Horrors and gotta be honest they were not for me, strangley the younger members of the audience seemed to really dig them (must be getting old!) and if it wasnt for their extremely strange stage performance I might have disappeared off to Lime Bar for a beer. The lead singer twitched and jerked all over the stage, like he was having an epileptic fit and on more than one occaision made use of improvised props thrown on the stage by the crowd. These included an umbrella and some of those wierd bootlace sweets - dont ask! Put it this way the umbrella wont see any more rainy days in Manchester! Other things to note included the lead guitarists extremely big hair, the basists 1000 yard stare - complete with Billy Joe Armstrong style make-up! Oh and how could I forget the leadsingers crowd surfing, which it has to be said REALLY pissed off the security gaurds! To cap it all off was the keyboard players strange Michael Jackson in Thriller dance style posturing...

The Music I hear you cry! Erm sorry they were dreadful and I couldnt understand a word of it! I've heard more intelligible thrash metal! Having said I didnt like them was an understatment, on the plus side I've written quite a lot about them and they do have undeniable stage presence!

**(Editors Note) Sorry if I've offended any Horros fans this is for you...**


Emo Dancing 1

No comments: