Thursday 21 June 2007

Opening Gambit...

Listening to Bloc Party / Weekend In The City

Have started this blog on my 29th Birthday, not because I'm sad, lonely or have no friends - I have loads but I have realised that time is passing quicker and quicker & I am doing little to record my journey through life.

Besides my photography which is damn near habitual I dont record my thoughts, feelings or experiences in any detail. So here goes, I imagine posting on here will be fairly sporadic, as the only time I get to do anything like this is at the weekend or when skinving at work (shhhh!)

So if I keep this up for a year from now I will alas be 30...

Anyway bye for now...


**Edited**

Forgot to mention was born on the same day as the follwing people...

1905 - Jean-Paul Sartre, French philosopher and writer, Nobel Prize

1932 - Lalo Schifrin, Argentine pianist and composer

1944 - Ray Davies, English musician (The Kinks)

1948 - Ian McEwan, English writer

1955 - Michel Platini, French footballer

1970 - Pete Rock, American rapper/producer

1973 - Juliette Lewis, American actress

1982 - Prince William of Wales, British prince


And I'm one day older than Frank Lampard!



4 comments:

John the Monkey said...

Interesting idea. My Grandfather kept a diary, which he wrote without fail every day, even if only to record what the weather had been like.

Personally, I started my blog becasue I always felt a bit uneasy about giving too much context on my photography - it exists as the place where I can waffle on about what I thought I was trying to convey, and flickr has the image alone so people can make their own mind up.

Tourista de Mancunia (aka Jon Shack) said...

Thanks Jon! Yes I agree with the waffling on bit but I'm gonna try and stick to reporting on particular events and experiences for the time being as I just dont have the time to write copious amounts. Plus as you say it helps to explian my photography!

Suzette van Rensburg said...

Good stuff Jon!

Suzette van Rensburg said...

Hi Jon,
I had a look and I love your intro and I think that you have a lot more to share!
I will be looking out for new posts.
Love your photos!